- Local contract
- Yangpu or Qingpu
Recruitment context and position definition
Position may be vacant.
We study and analyze your application and keep you informed when vacancies will be confirmed in February 2022.
"An education of excellence opened onto the world."
The Shanghai French School, Lycée Français de Shanghai, is a day-care school serving foreign students from 3 to 18 years old (kindergarten through high school).
We are proud to provide several linguistic programs with a multicultural teaching staff and a high-quality education.
Certified by the French Ministry of education, our school belongs to the world largest network of 535 schools across 139 countries delivering a single curriculum and an education of excellence recognized worldwide.
It hosts more than 1,550 students on two campuses: one in Qingpu (secondary school from grade 6 through 12) and one in Yangpu (secondary school from grade 6 through 10).
In the French School of Shanghai, the curriculum is unique as it combines the French curriculum with elements of British and American curricula. At senior level students follow the American option of the French Baccalaureate.
For the next school year, we are looking for enthusiastic and committed Native Secondary English Teachers (Middle school).
The Role & Expectations:
- To uphold the School’s Vision, Mission and Core Values
- To teach English in middle school
- To have knowledge and experience of assessment (including using and creating tests) and differentiated instruction
- To plan and teach dynamic, student-centred lessons
- To have experience of MYP, KS3 (English) or equivalent. EAL experience will be beneficial
- To understand, adopt the French Education system and have a willingness to work with students using English as a second language or English as a foreign language
- To be able to work as part of a team and to be involved in the wider life of the school and extracurricular activities
- To hold a bachelor’s degree in English Language coupled with a teaching qualification or a bachelor’s in Education specialising in English Language.
Please note that you will be asked to provide a valid work certificate from your former employer along with a minimum of a 2 years work experience in order to obtain your work permit.
Given the current chinese legal context, please send us the following informations with your application :
- Your resume,
- Current address,
- Marital situation (married, unmarried…), and if you have a partner, does he have a professional opportunity in Shanghaï ?
- Family situation: do you have children ?
Please note you must have the following documents:
- An extract from the criminal record,
- The original of your highest diploma,
- The original of your work certificate for at least 2 years of professional experience,
- Your passport should be valid for a minimum of 1 year and contain a minimum of 6 blank pages.
If you live outside of Shanghaï, you may be asked to quanrantine at your arrival in Shanghaï.
Apply on : https://recrutement.lyceeshanghai.com
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sharing your application you consent with sharing your personal information with LFS for recruitment purpose.