- Local contract
- Yangpu or Qingpu
Recruitment context and position definition
Position may be vacant.
We study and analyze your application and keep you informed when vacancies will be confirmed in February 2022.
"An education of excellence opened onto the world."
The Shanghai French School, Lycée Français de Shanghai, is a day-care school serving foreign students from 3 to 18 years old (kindergarten through high school).
We are proud to provide several linguistic programs with a multicultural teaching staff and a high-quality education.
Certified by the French Ministry of education, our school belongs to the world largest network of 522 schools across 139 countries delivering a single curriculum and an education of excellence recognized worldwide.
It hosts more than 1,550students on two campuses: one in Qingpu (secondary school from grade 6 through 12) and one in Yangpu (secondary school from grade 6 through 10).
In the French School of Shanghai, the curriculum is unique as it combines the French curriculum with elements of British and American curricula. At senior level students follow the American option of the French Baccalaureate.
For the next school year, we are looking for Primary School teachers, for 3 to 11 years old students, who can:
- Create a lively, communicative atmosphere in class which is conducive to teaching and learning, which includes the curriculum and lessons design, but also the classroom layout (lesson’s billboards….).
- Encourage diligence, organization, responsibility, self-reliance, co-operation, teamwork, honesty, understanding and tolerance in students.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate lessons, maintaining up-to-date records and forward plans, and delivering the records and plans for review by the Primary Head if requested.
- Can deliver lessons according to the French National Education curriculum, or can adapt to our curriculum in mathematics, sciences, arts and music, civic education, history and geography. Liaise with the French teachers to do so.
- Monitor the attendance of students and ensure that they are doing, to the best of their ability, classwork, homework and coursework, and that it is up-to-date and marked.
- Use new technologies with ease, when it adds value to the teaching (e.g. tablets, online programs, audio and video files…), to better differentiate the teaching and to adapt to non-native English speakers.
- Organize the class to differentiate depending on the difference of English level in the class.
- Review student progress and, where appropriate, seek help for students with perceived special needs.
- Organize resources in advance, issue textbooks and other resources, keeping records and collecting back at the appropriate time. Keep resources up to date, available in the class, in case of sick leave.
- Maintain and improve personal standards of teaching, sharing ideas with other staff, and remain abreast of developments in their own subject and education generally. Liaise with the French and Chinese teachers to deliver a coherent teaching throughout the different streams at the Lycée.
- Liaise and maintain close communication with other members of staff, and streams, and, in conjunction with them, to maintain records of textbooks and other resources, to assist with setting/streaming as necessary, to review syllabuses and contribute to the design, evaluation and development of departmental and/or Year curriculum, schemes of work and policy.
- Have a duty of confidentiality, avoid doing or saying anything that is detrimental to the reputation of the School or its staff.
CRITERIAS FOR THE POST:
A good experience in teaching kindergarten and elementary students
Experienced or at least motivated to work in a French Educational system
A willingness to work with students using English as a Second or a Foreign Language
Energy and dynamism to fully contribute to the life of a rich multicultural independent non-profit school
A willingness to contribute to the large range of activities provided for the students and to support them in their co-curricular pursuits
Knowledge of French would be an advantage
Please note that you will be asked to provide a 3 years’ degree minimum and a valid work certificate from your former employer along with a minimum of a 2 years’ work experience in order to obtain your work permit.
Given the current chinese legal context, please send us the following informations with your application :
- Your resume,
- Current address,
- Marital situation (married, unmarried…), and if you have a partner, does he have a professional opportunity in Shanghaï ?
Family situation: do you have children ?
Please note you must have the following documents:
- An extract from the criminal record,
- The original of your highest diploma,
- The original of your work certificate for at least 2 years of professional experience,
- Your passport should be valid for a minimum of 1 year and contain a minimum of 6 blank pages.
If you live outside of China, you may be asked to quanrantine at your arrival in Shanghaï.
Apply on : https://recrutement.lyceeshanghai.com
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sharing your application you consent with sharing your personal information with LFS for recruitment purpose